An Early Spring Dinner
- Health Kick Cocktail
- Cheese to serve on crackers, such as Harbison, a creamy, earthy brie
- Rye Crackers with Figs and Seeds
- Puntarelle and Dandelion Green Salad with Honey and Olive Vinaigrette
- Roasted Morel-Rubbed Chicken with Charred Lemon, Asparagus, and Potatoes
- Lemon Custard Tart
More About This Menu
- Make the spice mixture, rub the chicken in it, and chill overnight to keep things simpler the day of your party. If fresh morels aren’t available where you are yet, you can substitute 1 oz. of dried and reconstituted morels for 4 oz. of fresh.
- The chicken needs to rest for 10 minutes after roasting. This is the perfect time to toss the dandelion greens and chicory with the vinaigrette.
- The rye crackers will keep for up to a week in an airtight container. Make a fun afternoon out of baking a few days before your dinner. Double the recipe, and you’ll have a fresh loaf of homemade bread perfect for toast or sandwiches in the days to come. Alternately, wrap the extra loaf in plastic, freeze it, and pull it out when you want to make crackers again.