Spanish-Style Toast with Tomato (Pan Con Tomate)
This snack calls for good-quality olive oil and a ripe tomato.
Yield: serves 2
- 1 (6") piece of baguette, halved lengthwise
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 very ripe large tomato
- Coarse sea salt, to taste
- Heat oven to 500˚. Put bread on a baking sheet and toast until golden brown, about 8 minutes. Rub garlic over cut surface of bread and drizzle with oil.
- Put a box grater into a large bowl and grate tomato over largest holes, discarding skin. Spoon grated tomato onto toast and sprinkle with sea salt.