- Flaming Punch
- Pearman’s Toddy
- Filmjölkslimpa (Seeded Buttermilk Bread) and assorted cheeses
- Gougeres (Cheese Puffs)
- Kale Tarts with Fennel and Olives
- Fondi di Carciofi (Bacon-Wrapped Artichokes)
- Treviso and Gorgonzola Tart
- Crudités and Lemon Parmesan Dip
- Pecan Cheese Wafers
More About This Menu
- Make the seeded buttermilk bread up to 2 days in advance. Once completely cooled, wrap it tightly and store at room temperature.
- The cinnamon simple syrup for the Pearman’s Toddy can be made well in advance: it will keep, refrigerated, for about two weeks.
- To simplify the preparation for both the kale tart and treviso and gorgonzola tart, you can buy frozen puff pastry dough beforehand or make it yourself. Our quick puff pastry dough can be frozen for up to a month; just be sure to defrost it in the refrigerator the night before you plan to use it.
- For other drink ideas perfect for the coming cold months, see our gallery of the best hot drinks. For a slew of hors d’oeuvre recipes, see our favorite fall finger foods.